The Council seeks to make the following appointment:
Corporate Governance Intern: (18 Months Fixed Term Contract)
Stipend: R 6 480 per month
· To be considered for this role you must have:
· Three-year Diploma or Degree in Internal Auditing or Accounting.
Key Performance Areas
The successful candidate will be trained in, but not limited to the followings:
· Assist to updating the compliance universe with the legislative changes.
· Assist to create awareness of governance responsibilities
· Facilitate training arrangements for Council and Advisory Committee members.
· Scribe and assist with administration with risk assessments
· Assist collection and collation of evidence for updates on risk mitigations
· Assist review risk register updates and verify with evidence
· Assist with Monitoring implementation of audit findings
· Prepare report and file for quarterly review
· Assist business units to prepare for upcoming audits
· Assist to create awareness on strategic planning –dates for submission, requirements for delivery of targets,
· Monitoring implementation of strategic plan
· Assist with the development of report on the implementation of strategic plan
· Assist to monitor/ review compliance with regulations, legislation and internal policies
· Assist to draft compliance reports
· Perform quality assurance on documentation
· Organise meetings, minute taking, prepare documentation for the meetings, booking of venue and ensure all resources required are available
· Assist to Keep track of budgets by assisting with procurement requests/ plans
· Assist with preparation of presentations for training, EXCO, ARC, RCMS, Council and DMR. etc.
PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY FOR TRAINING
· Ensure a training and development plan is developed and signed off.
· Ensure adequate assistance is provided to ensure the training and development plan is achieved.
· Assist Corporate Governance Unit to develop standard training and development plan for interns (within the Unit)
· Time conscious.
· Team player.
· Willing to go the extra mile.
· Willing to be corrected and learn.
The MHSC is an equal opportunity employer. Appointments will be made in accordance with the MHSC EE Policy. Woman, Coloureds, Indians, Whites and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. MHSC reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please forward a detailed CV, clearly quoting the reference number of the position to:
Recruitment@mhsc.org.za Enquiries should be directed to HR Department at 011-656-1797.