EXTERNAL/ INTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
The Council seeks to make the following appointment
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT PRACTITIONER (PERMANENT)
• The incumbent’s responsibilities cover functions related to Demand and Bid Management in MHSC office Supply Chain Management. The incumbent will be reporting to the SCM Manager.
• Implement and maintain the supply chain management system, including demand, acquisition, logistics, disposal, performance and risk management.
• Make recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the supply chain management. Minimum Requirements
• Recognised Diploma/Degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance or any other related field. • At least 5 years in Supply Chain Management, specifically in Demand and Acquisition area.
• Financial skills, and Knowledge of Treasury prescripts and PPPFA essential.
• Good organising skills, Attention to detail and Ability to analyse complex problems
• Writing and Communication skills. Skills Required
• Be a team player
• A high degree of organizational and administrative.
• Good communication and liaison.
• Knowledge of business deliverables and services.
• Numerical influence.
• Negotiation Skills
• Listening Literacy, speaking and verbal expression.
• Ability to work under pressure
Job Functions The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• Determine future needs and assist the SCM Manager in compiling needs analysis in respect of goods and services in line with the Strategic Objectives of MHSC.
• Conduct Commodity, Industry and Market analysis.
• Co-ordinate workshops with users for Procurement Planning.
• Align needs with available budget.
• Give inputs towards the formulation of a Procurement Plan.
• Give support to users on drafting of specifications/terms of reference
• Coordinate and render administrative support to the MHSC Bid Specification Committees (BSC)
• Provide guidance and record proceedings during the meetings.
• Compile reports and minutes of the BSC meetings
• Ensure inputs from the committees are implemented.
• Monitor and report on spending patterns.
• Proactive risk assessment on bids and compliance check.
• Conduct negotiations with prospective contractors
• Develop and maintain the MHSC contract register
• Ensure proper contract administration and monitoring.
• Participate in contract Steering Committee and give guidance
• Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports on the bid process and monitor turnaround times.
• Implement standard operating procedures and ensure that there is compliance from the SCM role-players.
• Draft appointment letters to approved service providers.
• Prepare documents for creation of SLA’s and contracts.
• Prepare monthly reports on the Bid Committees’ performance and monitor turnaround times.
• Provide advice and guidance to internal and external customers.
The MHSC is an equal opportunity employer. Appointments will be made in accordance with the MHSC EE Policy. Woman, Coloureds, Indians, Whites and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. MHSC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please forward a detailed CV, clearly quoting the reference number of the position to: Recruitment@mhsc.org.za Enquiries should be directed to HR Department at 011-070-4200. Closing date: 26 October 2018 NB: No late applications will be accepted.